One Of is a practical guide to transition your church into a movement of disciples who make disciples. It tells the compelling story of RiverTree (a church of more than 3,000 people), as they moved from a purely attractional model of church to become a missional church that is attractive.
One Of offers practical steps for every new or established church to begin the journey to missional life and church. In One Of you will discover:
- Simple discipleship tools to help followers of Jesus become disciples who make disciples.
- Thought provoking stories that will help you assess if you are genuinely For people, With people and One Of people.
- Steps to take to help you on the journey to becoming One Of.
- Principles of generosity, service and being “good enough” that will impact your neighbors and the communities in which you live and work.
- How to connect with networks of people that will enable you to share Jesus in a way that is non-threatening and life transforming.
“Here Alex and Greg team up to pool their hard won insights and long experience in leading the church in mission, laying out many of the practical steps they have taken in transitioning RiverTree into a discipling culture. It’s a great tool churches are advised to use it.” –Alan Hirsch, Author of numerous books on missional Christianity, including Untamed and Right Here, Right Now (www.alanhirsch.org)
“This is a much-needed book about putting mission into practice! One Of: Beginning the Missional Journey by Alex Absalom and Greg Nettle is not more theory, but a practical handbook for how to live your life on mission. You and your team will want to read, discuss and live out these simple reproducible missional practices. This is the stuff of movements!” –Dave Ferguson, Lead Pastor Community Christian Church, Spiritual Entrepreneur of NewThing
“Absalom and Nettle create a visible threat to the kingdom of hell. Their example unfurls a wake of God’s love advancing with grit and tender authenticity. Anyone committed to making disciples of Jesus be warned ‘these guys take it seriously and their example will compel you to take unhindered, honest, self-sacrificing, gut-stirring action.’ Don’t just read One Of, crash the gates of hell by living it. Leaders who have the courage to do so will be used by God to ignite reformation-scale growth in the church. –Scott Todd, Compassion International and author of 58: Fast Living